Did you know that the average lawyer salary in the state of Maine was over $100,000? While nobody should pursue a career simply because of the salary it’s nice to know that the career could support schooling loans that can sometimes go north of $100K.
If you are interested in becoming a lawyer in the state of Maine we have all the details available for you below:
- Get your undergraduate degree.
- Take the LSAT
- Fill out and send in Law School applications. (Need help with this? Download our FREE eBook.)
- Enroll and pass each law school course.
- Build legal experience through internships or part-time job. (Optional)
- Take and pass the BAR exam.
- Be sworn in as a practicing attorney legally able to practice law in the state of Maine. [wp_campaign_1]
Maine Lawyer Requirements By Board of Overseers:
“A lawyer shall provide competent representation to a client. Competent representation requires the legal knowledge, skill, thoroughness and preparation reasonably necessary for the representation.”
Full rules of professional conduct can be read here.
Getting Accepted Into a Maine Law School.
Your grade point average in college and scores on the LSAT are the two major determining factors for admission to most law schools.
Popular Law Schools In The State Of Maine.
Below is the only law school in Maine actively accepting applications each year.
University of Maine School of Law
246 Deering Ave., Portland 0410
Phone: (207) 780.4355
Why Is Law School In Maine & The Bar Exam Necessary?
Without a license to practice law in Maine, a person cannot give legal advice, represent persons in court, or handle many other legal matters.